There is no way to determine the value of a lawsuit before consulting with an attorney. When you file a lawsuit many factors will be considered when determining how much your case is worth. A lawyer from a reputed law firm like Bronx Injury Lawyers P.C. will be able to correctly determine these values.
The key factors you should know about are as follows:
- The severity of the injuries and their lasting effects.
- Whether or not you had any preexisting conditions that may have been aggravated by the accident.
- How much medical treatment you received, and how long it took for you to recover.
- How much time have you missed from work, or whether or not you are disabled and unable to return to work at all.
- Whether or not the defendant acted with negligence.
- Whether or not you contributed to your injuries in any way, such as by failing to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle, or failing to wear your seatbelt while driving an automobile.
Hire a Bronx truck accident lawyer today and determine the true valuation of the compensation that you are eligible for.
What Are Your Options?
When you’ve been in a truck accident, there are several things you can expect.
First, it’s going to be scary and stressful. Second, you’re going to have a lot of questions about what comes next and how to get your life back on track. And third, you will probably want to know how much your truck accident case is worth.
It’s a tough question to answer, especially if the crash just happened. Only lawyers can correctly determine the same after a few questions and details.
But there are some factors we can look at that will help us get an idea of the value of your crash claim without the help of attorneys.
What Injuries Factor Into The Determination?
First and foremost, we will look at the injuries you sustained in the crash. The more severe and long-lasting they are, the higher your truck accident case is worth. Here are some examples:
- A concussion or mild traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- A broken arm;
- A broken leg;
- Back injuries;
- Neck injuries;
- Injuries that require surgery;
- Internal injuries/internal bleeding; and
- Other serious injuries.
The more serious and long-lasting your injuries are, the higher your damages will be for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses related to those injuries.
A Bronx truck accident lawyer is critical to fighting the case on your behalf. Our law firm will typically ask a series of questions and ask for some details pertaining to the incident.
The specifics are absolutely critical to understand the true damage and consequently ascertain the value of the compensation. Without the help of a professional lawyer, however, there is only so much you can do. And in most cases, it is not enough.