Any form of damage to a newborn that occurred during or shortly after childbirth is referred to as a birth injury. That could include things like oxygen shortage (birth hypoxia), putting too much stress on the baby’s head and upper body (birth trauma), getting a disease, and more. To cope with the situation our Bronx birth injury lawyer is here for your help.
Mechanical force is a common cause of childbirth trauma, but other factors like misuse of delivery medications, mishandled atypical posture, and other issues can also contribute. The doctors are usually guilty of malpractice in this case.
Birth injuries could last a lifespan and can contribute to a slew of other medical issues. Medical malpractice is at blame for many childbirth injuries that may have been avoided. In the United States, around 7 childbirth injuries occur for every 1,000 children who are born.
With such statistics, either you or someone in your family may be facing this trauma of childbirth injury of their little one. If you ever find someone stuck in this problem, refer them to our law firm to get your case solved easily and quickly without having to go through complications and having to drain your cash resources.
Types of Birth Injuries Experienced
The most common types of birth injuries are:
- Brachial palsy: When the nerves of the brachial plexus are injured, it causes palsy. The brachial plexus is a collection of nerves that regulate the arm muscles. Palsy refers to the inability to move muscles in a specific place.
- Bruising or forceps marks: The limbs of the forceps might cause bruises on a baby’s face or head. These bruises, sometimes known as forceps scars, resolve on their own over time. The baby’s scalp may bruise as a result of vacuum extraction as well.
- Caput Succedaneum: A newborn’s caput succedaneum is a bulge of the scalp. During a head-first (vertex) delivery, tension from the uterus or vaginal wall is the most common cause.
- Cephalohematoma: A cephalohematoma is a blood clot that forms beneath the scalp. Small blood veins on the fetus’s skull are damaged due to slight trauma during the birthing process.
- Facial Paralysis: Facial paralysis is the incapacity to control the facial muscles on one or both parts. Nerve injury from congenital (existing from birth) disorders, injury, or disease can cause facial paralysis.
- Subconjunctival haemorrhage: Whenever a tiny blood vessel bursts just behind the clear surface of your eye, it causes a subconjunctival haemorrhage (conjunctiva). Blood is stuck because the conjunctiva can’t absorb it rapidly enough. This is the result of a childbirth injury.
There are many more birth injuries that might be present. However, these are the most common ones.
How Does a Birth Injury Lawsuit Work?
Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, and other natal defects can be compensated through litigation. These cases are brought against doctors, nurses, and other medical staff who may be held liable for the damage sustained by a child.
Even though each lawsuit is different, most follow a similar pattern. Understanding what to anticipate can help you relax and enjoy the journey ahead. As a parent, preparing for a birth injury lawsuit might be intimidating. You can, however, handle the legal process with assurance if you have the appropriate lawyer on your side.
The lawsuit must be filed by you or your attorney to begin the case. You’ll file a complaint with the courts in the district where the incident happened. A medical negligence case will be filed on your behalf in the event of a delivery injury. When you or your lawyer at Bronx file a birth injury lawsuit, the accused has a certain amount of time to react.
The plaintiff will either admit the allegation and negotiate a settlement or will reject it. If you are denied, you have the right to sue the defendant to recover damages. Bronx Injury Lawyers will assist you every step of the way to ensure that you do not have to go through all this alone.
You and your attorney will concentrate on constructing your case while you wait for the plaintiff’s response to your claim. Your lawyer will gather all relevant information to show your birth injury case and the defendant’s carelessness. Moving ahead, you will collaborate closely with your attorney to develop a thorough legal plan. This ensures that you are kept up to date on everything and that nothing happens without your permission.
If you are harmed due to a medical doctor’s negligence or irresponsibility, it is not your fault, and you should not be made to pay for it. Bronx Injury Lawyers, P.C. will always be there for you during this time of great uncertainty, sadness, and suffering, working with our attorneys and lawyers to secure the greatest potential payment for your baby’s birth trauma case.